Home Care – Telemonitoring
Call today to begin services!
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care - 320-259-9375
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care provides telemonitoring to manage patients’ health at home. The telemonitor is individually programmed for patients according to conditions set by their health care provider.
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care uses telemonitoring to care for patients suffering from chronic illnesses, such as:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Other chronic conditions
Benefits of Telemonitoring
- Telemonitoring can prevent emergency room visits and hospitalizations. When patients’ vital signs are taken on a daily basis, irregularities can be caught before they become problems.
- Nurses can be sent to patients’ homes and, based on the daily data, work directly with the patient’s health care provider to adjust medications and diet.
- Patients become more aware of their condition and understand the effects diet, activity and other factors have on their health.
- Telemonitoring helps health care professionals work more efficiently. One nurse can observe the clinical health of numerous patients at a time and effectively direct medical attention to those who need it.
How does telemonitoring work?
- In just 3 minutes each day, the telemonitor collects a variety of vital signs such as heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, body weight and temperature.
- The telemonitor also gathers information on patients’ fatigue and general wellness levels by asking a variety of customized questions.
- For example, a patient with high blood pressure might be asked, “Are you experiencing any dizziness today?” The patient responds to each question by pressing the “yes” or “no” button on the monitor.
- The data collected by the telemonitor is reviewed by our clinicians, who can find and deal with even the slightest abnormalities before they become serious. This helps prevent emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
We accept self-referrals or a referral may be made by a health care provider, family member or friend. Once the referral is made, our staff will contact the patient’s health care provider to discuss the services needed. A nurse or therapist will provide a free initial assessment of the patient at home. Telemonitoring is provided at no additional fee to patients with a qualifying condition who are receiving skilled services.