A Community with a Vision

Beginning in 1860, individual physicians initially served the Paynesville community when Dr. Robert Hoover arrived in Paynesville. In 1898, Dr. P. C. Pilon purchased and remodeled a building that would become the area’s first hospital. But the people of Paynesville envisioned more for health care in their neighborhood. Residents in this small community raised $87,771 (equal to more than $900,000 today) to support building of a new hospital. With a staff of 21 people, Paynesville Community Hospital opened on October 28, 1956. Over the next several decades, the hospital continued to expand and add services, and it became part of CentraCare in October 2013. CentraCare – Paynesville continues our tradition of local community people dedicating their time and resources to ensuring their friends and families have excellent health care near home.


CentraCare - Paynesville

Join the CentraCare Team Today.

Looking for a way to do meaningful work in the community? Have a passion for service? Join our team!

View Available Positions