Birthing Services at CentraCare Health - Long Prairie
We are pleased to offer exceptional birthing services in Long Prairie personalized to your needs.
You have the option of choosing to use the services of a physician or a certified nurse midwife to deliver your baby.
Certified nurse midwives are licensed health care practitioners who are qualified to administer drugs, perform medical procedures and provide other technological interventions. We were one of the first hospitals in Minnesota to offer this service. Learn more about our Nurse Midwife Services
Special Features of Care
- Private birthing suites allowing mothers to stay in the same room from delivery to discharge
- Large rooms with private baths, whirlpool tubs, sleeper sofas
- Whirlpool tubs allow women to deliver their babies by underwater birth
- Birthing beds designed to convert to a seated position to comfortably support mothers during breastfeeding
- Sleeper sofas that convert into a comfortable bed for the significant other
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Complimentary dinner for new parents
- Free wireless internet service
- 32-inch flat screen TVs