The Eating Disorders Program offers a comprehensive approach to treating people struggling with eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia and binge eating, as well as those with body image problems. Our team of licensed psychologists, registered dietitians and other health care professionals works together to provide an evaluation, treatment and consultation for all patients.
Evaluation is the first step for anyone concerned about anorexia, bulimia, binge eating or any other problematic eating pattern. Following an evaluation, a personalized treatment plan is developed which may include individual, group or family therapy and nutritional counseling. Additionally, because there are a variety of medical complications associated with eating disorders, we provide a medical assessment/management referrals and, if warranted, psychiatric consultation.
Individual or group therapy focuses on:
- normalizing eating, weight and body image
- addressing emotional, interpersonal relationships, self-care
- occupational and/or educational issues that are related to the eating disorder.
- View our Body Image Affirmation (PDF)
Nutritional counseling includes:
- understanding the functions of food
- meal planning for symptom management
- restoring body metabolism
- normalizing hunger and fullness feelings.
Information for download:
Support Groups and Education
In addition to treating the person struggling with an eating disorder, we offer education and support for family members and friends so that they can give appropriate support to their loved one who is struggling.
Women's Behavioral Health Services is located in the St. Cloud Hospital Women's Specialty Center at CentraCare Health Plaza. Get directions