CentraCare's sports medicine physicians and registered athletic trainers specialize in helping injured individuals return to activity.
Most athletes and active individuals will have to deal with some aches, pains or injuries over the years. Some injuries will require special care for proper diagnosis and treatment. Knowing when to see a health care provider is often one of the most difficult parts of dealing with an injury, but our board-certified sports medicine physicians can help to make sure you receive the appropriate care for your injury.
- Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Pre-participation exams
- Concussion evaluation testing
- Acute injury evaluation and treatments
- Activity-related injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Medical management of athletes and active patients
- Exercise prescriptions
- Exercise testing
- Splinting, casting and brace fitting
- Osteoarthritis evaluation and management
- Various joint and soft tissue injections
- Joint fluid therapy including Synvisc
- Osteopathic manipulation therapy
- Surgical capabilities, if needed, including knee and hip replacements as well as orthopedic surgeons who specialize in sports medicine
- Medical coverage of events and teams
- Community education
Our Sports Medicine physicians support many area teams and events.