Heart Failure Management
For more information about our heart and vascular services, call 320-656-7020.
You can’t cure heart failure, but you can control it. The Heart Failure Management Program at the CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center can help you and your family manage your heart failure symptoms and improve your quality of life. We aim to reduce your emergency room visits, prevent hospital stays and increase your activity level.
Why choose CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center for your heart failure management?
- Experienced staff. Our team of experts specializes in heart failure, including a cardiologist who is board certified in this area. You will be in good company as more than 1,000 patients from throughout Minnesota have chosen to receive care through this program.
- Research. As a member of the Heart Failure Consortium of Minnesota, we actively taking part in research studies with many other hospitals. If you tried standard care without success, our research program gives you access to new drugs and treatments.
- Innovative care. We are the first in the country to use “On Track,” an iPad-based application to assist patients in managing their heart failure. The iPad monitors compliance, symptoms and weight and allows patients to instantly send and receive messages to and from their providers. Other innovative programs include: remote telemonitoring, patient rounding, a transitional care coach, outpatient ultrafiltration for those who do not respond to diuretics, palliative care and advanced heart failure consultations for patients with end-stage heart failure who need to be considered for a transplant or left ventricular assist device (LVAD).
- Shared Care program. We are one of the most active “Shared Care” sites in the United States, partnering with the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. to provide follow-up care to LVAD patients close to home. Hear one patient's story
- Quality outcomes
- Received a five-star rating by HealthGrades for treatment of heart failure for five consecutive years (2010-2014)
- Designated by Blue Cross and Blue Shield as a Cardiac Center of Distinction, meaning they recognize our heart failure program for its quality of care
- Maintained re-admission rates that are, on average, 3.2% below the national average