For more information about our heart and vascular services, call 320-656-7020.
Since 1988, thousands of people in Minnesota have benefited from the heart surgery program at CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center. Our three heart surgeons perform more than 350 surgeries each year.
Why choose us for your heart surgery?
Our program has received:
- A five-star rating for cardiac surgery by HealthGrades for two consecutive years (2011-2012).
- A five-star rating by HealthGrades for coronary bypass surgery for 10 consecutive years (2003-2012).
- A five-star rating by HealthGrades for valve surgery in 2012.
- The HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award for two consecutive years (2011-2012).
- The top three-star rating, meaning it performed above the national average, in the 2010, 2011 and 2012 issues of Consumer Reports magazine. Because of the three stars, three years running, Consumer Reports named us an "'all-star' heart surgery group." After skipping a year, Consumer Reports repeated the study, and in 2014 it gave CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center a top rating in heart bypass surgery, the only hospital in Minnesota to receive this honor.
Range of Services
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Surgical consultation.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG).
- Valve repair and replacement.
- Transmyocardial revascularization.
CentraCare Heart &Vascular Center opened a new nine-bed Cardiovascular Thoracic Unit in 2012. This unit cares for post-open heart surgery patients after they leave the Intensive Care Unit.